2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in assuming all or part of the risk associated with existing insurance policies originally underwritten by other insurance carriers.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Initially underwriting annuities and life insurance policies, disability income insurance policies, accidental death and dismemberment insurance policies, and health and medical insurance policies--are classified in Industry 52411, Direct Life, Health, and Medical Insurance Carriers; and
- Initially underwriting various types of insurance policies (except life, disability income, accidental death and dismemberment, and health and medical insurance policies)--are classified in Industry 52412, Direct Insurance (except Life, Health, and Medical) Carriers.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Accidental and health reinsurance carriers
- Life reinsurance carriers
- Marine reinsurance carriers
- Medical reinsurance carriers
- Property and casualty reinsurance carriers
- Reinsurance carriers