2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing third party administration services of insurance and pension funds, such as claims processing and other administrative services to insurance carriers, employee-benefit plans, and self-insurance funds.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Managing the portfolio assets (i.e., funds) of others--are classified in Industry 523920, Portfolio Management; and
- Providing actuarial consulting services--are classified in U.S. Industry 541612, Human Resources Consulting Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Claims processing services, insurance, third-party
- Employee benefit plans, third-party administrative processing services
- Insurance claims processing services, third party
- Insurance fund, third party administrative services (except claims adjusting only)
- Insurance plan administrative services (except claims adjusting only), third-party
- Pension fund, third party administrative services