2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in renting or leasing space for self-storage. These establishments provide secure space (i.e., rooms, compartments, lockers, containers, or outdoor space) where clients can store and retrieve their goods.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Operating public and contract general merchandise warehousing and storage facilities--are classified in Industry 493110, General Warehousing and Storage; and
- Operating coin-operated lockers--are classified in Industry 812990, All Other Personal Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Equity real estate investment trusts (REITs), primarily leasing miniwarehouses and self-storage units
- Lessors of miniwarehouses
- Lessors of self storage units
- Miniwarehouse rental or leasing
- Real estate rental or leasing of miniwarehouses and self-storage units
- Self-storage unit rental or leasing
- Self-storage warehousing
- U-lock storage
- Warehousing, self storage