2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in renting consumer goods (except consumer electronics and appliances, formal wear and costumes, and prerecorded video tapes).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Renting consumer electronics and appliances--are classified in Industry 53221, Consumer Electronics and Appliances Rental;
- Renting formal wear and costumes--are classified in Industry 53222, Formal Wear and Costume Rental;
- Renting prerecorded video tapes and discs--are classified in Industry 53223, Video Tape and Disc Rental;
- Renting a general line of products, such as lawn and garden equipment, home repair tools, and party and banquet equipment--are classified in Industry 53231, General Rental Centers;
- Renting medical equipment (except home health equipment), such as electromedical and electrotherapeutic apparatus--are classified in Industry 53249, Other Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment Rental and Leasing;
- Providing home health care services and home health equipment--are classified in Industry 62161, Home Health Care Services; and
- Retailing and renting musical instruments--are classified in Industry 45114, Musical Instrument and Supplies Stores.