2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in renting or leasing one or more of the following without operators: heavy construction, off-highway transportation, mining, and forestry machinery and equipment. Establishments in this industry may rent or lease products, such as aircraft, railroad cars, steamships, tugboats, bulldozers, earthmoving equipment, well-drilling machinery and equipment, or cranes.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Renting or leasing automobiles or trucks without operators--are classified in Industry Group 5321, Automotive Equipment Rental and Leasing;
- Renting or leasing air, rail, highway, and water transportation equipment with operators--are classified in Sector 48-49, Transportation and Warehousing, based on their primary activity;
- Renting or leasing heavy construction equipment with operators--are classified in Industry Group 2389, Other Specialty Trade Contractors;
- Renting or leasing heavy equipment for mining with operators--are classified in Industry 21311, Support Activities for Mining;
- Renting or leasing heavy equipment for forestry with operators--are classified in Industry Group 1153, Support Activities for Forestry; and
- Leasing heavy equipment in combination with providing loans to buyers of such equipment--are classified in Sector 52, Finance and Insurance.