2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in planning and designing residential, institutional, leisure, commercial, and industrial buildings and structures by applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning regulations, building codes, and building materials.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Planning and designing the development of land areas--are classified in Industry 541320, Landscape Architectural Services; and
- Both the design and construction of buildings, highways, or other structures or in managing construction projects--are classified in Sector 23, Construction, according to the type of project.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Architects' (except landscape) offices
- Architects' (except landscape) private practices
- Architectural (except landscape) consultants' offices
- Architectural (except landscape) design services
- Architectural (except landscape) services
- Building architectural design services