2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing building inspection services. These establishments typically evaluate all aspects of the building structure and component systems and prepare a report on the physical condition of the property, generally for buyers or others involved in real estate transactions. Building inspection bureaus and establishments providing home inspection services are included in this industry.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Inspecting buildings for termites and other pests--are classified in Industry 561710, Exterminating and Pest Control Services;
- Inspecting buildings for hazardous materials--are classified in Industry 541620, Environmental Consulting Services; and
- Conducting inspections and enforcing public building codes and standards--are classified in Industry 925110, Administration of Housing Programs.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Building inspection bureaus
- Building inspection services
- Home inspection services
- Inspection bureaus, building
- Inspection services, building or home
- Prepurchase home inspection services