2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in writing, modifying, testing, and supporting software to meet the needs of a particular customer.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Publishing packaged software--are classified in Industry 511210, Software Publishers; and
- Planning and designing computer systems that integrate computer hardware, software, and communication technologies, even though such establishments may provide custom software as an integral part of their services--are classified in U.S. Industry 541512, Computer Systems Design Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Applications software programming services, custom computer
- Computer program or software development, custom
- Computer programming services, custom
- Computer software analysis and design services, custom
- Computer software programming services, custom
- Computer software support services, custom
- Programming services, custom computer
- Software analysis and design services, custom computer
- Software programming services, custom computer
- Web (i.e., Internet) page design services, custom