2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing advice and assistance to businesses and other organizations on environmental issues, such as the control of environmental contamination from pollutants, toxic substances, and hazardous materials. These establishments identify problems (e.g., inspect buildings for hazardous materials), measure and evaluate risks, and recommend solutions. They employ a multidisciplined staff of scientists, engineers, and other technicians with expertise in areas, such as air and water quality, asbestos contamination, remediation, and environmental law. Establishments providing sanitation or site remediation consulting services are included in this industry.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Environmental remediation--are classified in Industry 562910, Remediation Services; and
- Providing environmental engineering services--are classified in Industry 541330, Engineering Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Environmental consulting services
- Sanitation consulting services
- Site remediation consulting services