2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in creating advertising campaigns and placing such advertising in periodicals, newspapers, radio and television, or other media. These establishments are organized to provide a full range of services (i.e., through in-house capabilities or subcontracting), including advice, creative services, account management, production of advertising material, media planning, and buying (i.e., placing advertising).
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Purchasing advertising space from media outlets and reselling it directly to advertising agencies or individual companies--are classified in Industry 541830, Media Buying Agencies;
- Conceptualizing and producing artwork or graphic designs without providing other advertising agency services--are classified in Industry 541430, Graphic Design Services;
- Creating direct mail advertising campaigns--are classified in Industry 541860, Direct Mail Advertising;
- Providing marketing consulting services--are classified in U.S. Industry 541613, Marketing Consulting Services; and
- Selling media time or space for media owners as independent representatives--are classified in Industry 541840, Media Representatives.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Advertising agencies
- Advertising agency consulting services