2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in (1) creating and designing advertising campaigns for the purpose of distributing advertising materials (e.g., coupons, flyers, samples) or specialties (e.g., key chains, magnets, pens with customized messages imprinted) by mail or other direct distribution; and/or (2) preparing advertising materials or specialties for mailing or other direct distribution. These establishments may also compile, maintain, sell, and rent mailing lists.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- The direct distribution or delivery (e.g., door-to-door, windshield placement) of advertisements or samples--are classified in Industry 541870, Advertising Material Distribution Services;
- Distributing advertising specialties for clients who wish to use such materials for promotional purposes--are classified in Industry 541890, Other Services Related to Advertising;
- Creating advertising campaigns and placing such advertising in media--are classified in Industry 541810, Advertising Agencies;
- Compiling and selling mailing lists without providing direct mail advertising services--are classified in Industry 511140, Directory and Mailing List Publishers; and
- Broadcasting exclusively on the Internet--are classified in Industry 519130, Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search Portals.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Advertising material preparation services for mailing or other direct distribution
- Direct mail advertising services
- Direct mail or other direct distribution advertising campaign services