2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in the direct distribution or delivery of advertisements (e.g., circulars, coupons, handbills) or samples. Establishments in this industry use methods, such as delivering advertisements or samples door-to-door, placing flyers or coupons on car windshields in parking lots, or handing out samples in retail stores.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Creating and designing advertising campaigns for the purpose of distributing advertising materials or samples through the mail--are classified in Industry 541860, Direct Mail Advertising;
- Publishing newspapers or operating television stations or on-line information services--are classified in Sector 51, Information; and
- Distributing advertising specialties (e.g., key chains, magnets, or pens with customized messages imprinted) to clients who wish to use such materials for promotional purposes--are classified in Industry 541890, Other Services Related to Advertising.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Advertising material (e.g., coupons, flyers, samples) direct distribution services
- Circular direct distribution services
- Coupon direct distribution services
- Directory, telephone, distribution on a contract basis
- Door-to-door distribution of advertising materials (e.g., coupons, flyers, samples)
- Flyer direct distribution (except direct mail) services
- Handbill direct distribution services
- Sample direct distribution services
- Telephone directory distribution services, door-to-door