2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing still, video, or digital photography services. These establishments may specialize in a particular field of photography, such as commercial and industrial photography, portrait photography, and special events photography. Commercial or portrait photography studios are included in this industry.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Producing film and videotape for commercial exhibition or sale--are classified in Industry 51211, Motion Picture and Video Production;
- Developing still photographs--are classified in Industry 81292, Photofinishing;
- Developing motion picture film--are classified in Industry 51219, Postproduction Services and Other Motion Picture and Video Industries;
- Taking, developing, and selling artistic, news, or other types of photographs on a freelance basis, such as photojournalists--are classified in Industry 71151, Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers; and
- Supplying and servicing automatic photography machines in places of business operated by others--are classified in Industry 81299, All Other Personal Services.