2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing commercial photography services, generally for advertising agencies, publishers, and other business and industrial users.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Producing film and videotape for commercial exhibition or sale--are classified in Industry 512110, Motion Picture and Video Production;
- Developing still photographs--are classified in Industry 81292, Photofinishing;
- Developing motion picture film--are classified in U.S. Industry 512199, Other Motion Picture and Video Industries;
- Taking, developing, and selling artistic, news, or other types of photographs on a freelance basis, such as photojournalists--are classified in Industry 711510, Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers; and
- Supplying and servicing automatic photography machines in places of business operated by others--are classified in Industry 812990, All Other Personal Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Commercial photography services
- Medical photography services
- Photographers specializing in aerial photography
- Photography services, commercial
- Photography studios, commercial
- Video taping services for legal depositions