2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in translating written material and interpreting speech from one language to another and establishments primarily engaged in providing sign language services.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing transcription services--are classified in Industry 561410, Document Preparation Services;
- Providing real-time (i.e., simultaneous) closed captioning services for live television performances, at meetings and conferences--are classified in U.S. Industry 561492, Court Reporting and Stenotype Services;
- Providing film or tape closed captioning services--are classified in U.S. Industry 512191, Teleproduction and Other Postproduction Services; and
- Analyzing handwriting--are classified in Industry 541990, All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Interpretation services, language
- Language interpretation services
- Language services (e.g., interpretation, sign, translation)
- Language translation services
- Sign language services
- Speech (i.e., language) interpretation services
- Translation services, language