2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing executive search, recruitment, and placement services for clients with specific executive and senior management position requirements. The range of services provided by these establishments may include developing a search strategy and position specification based on the culture and needs of the client; researching, identifying, screening, and interviewing candidates; verifying candidate qualifications; and assisting in final offer negotiations and assimilation of the selected candidate. The individuals identified, recruited, or placed are not employees of the executive search services establishments.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Listing employment vacancies and in referring or placing applicants for employment--are classified in U.S. Industry 561311, Employment Placement Agencies;
- Supplying their own employees for limited periods of time to supplement the working force of a client's business--are classified in Industry 561320, Temporary Help Services;
- Providing human resources and human resource management services to clients--are classified in Industry 561330, Professional Employer Organizations;
- Providing advice and assistance on human resource and personnel policies, practices, and procedures; and employee benefits and compensation systems--are classified in U.S. Industry 541612, Human Resources Consulting Services; and
- Representing models, entertainers, athletes, and other public figures as their agent or manager--are classified in Industry 711410, Agents and Managers for Artists, Athletes, Entertainers, and Other Public Figures.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Executive placement services
- Executive search services
- Senior executive search services