2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in operating call centers that initiate or receive communications for others-via telephone, facsimile, email, or other communication modes-for purposes such as: (1) promoting clients' products or services, (2) taking orders for clients, (3) soliciting contributions for a client; and (4) providing information or assistance regarding a client's products or services. These establishments do not own the product or provide the services they are representing on behalf of clients.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Answering telephone calls and relaying messages to clients--are classified in U.S. Industry 561421, Telephone Answering Services;
- Organizing and conducting fundraising campaigns on a contract or fee basis, that may include telephone solicitation services--are classified in U.S. Industry 561499, All Other Business Support Services; and
- Gathering, recording, tabulating, and presenting marketing and public opinion data, that may include telephone canvassing services--are classified in Industry 541910, Marketing Research and Public Opinion Polling.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Floral wire services (i.e., telemarketing services)
- Order-taking for clients over the internet
- Telemarketing bureaus
- Telemarketing services on a contract or fee basis
- Telephone call centers
- Telephone solicitation services on a contract or fee basis
- Wire services (i.e., telemarketing services), floral