2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises (1) establishments primarily engaged in providing mailbox rental and other postal and mailing services (except direct mail advertising); (2) establishments, generally known as copy centers or shops, primarily engaged in providing photocopying, duplicating, blueprinting, and other document copying services without also providing printing services (i.e., offset printing, quick printing, digital printing, prepress services); and (3) establishments that provide a range of office support services (except printing services), such as mailing services, document copying services, facsimile services, word processing services, on-site PC rental services, and office product sales.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Operating contract post offices--are classified in Industry 49111, Postal Service;
- Delivering letters and parcels (except under a universal service obligation)--are classified in Subsector 492, Couriers and Messengers;
- Providing voice mailbox services--are classified in Industry 56142, Telephone Call Centers;
- Providing direct mail advertising services--are classified in Industry 54186, Direct Mail Advertising;
- Providing full service office space, whether on a lease or service contract basis--are classified in Industry 53112, Lessors of Nonresidential Buildings (except Miniwarehouses);
- Providing document copying services in combination with printing services, with or without a range of other office support services, and establishments known as quick or digital printers--are classified in Industry 32311, Printing; and
- Providing only one of the support services (e.g., word processing services) that establishments in this industry provide--are classified in the appropriate industry according to the service provided.