2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises (1) establishments primarily engaged in providing mailbox rental and other postal and mailing (except direct mail advertising) services or (2) establishments engaged in providing these mailing services along with one or more other office support services, such as facsimile services, word processing services, on-site PC rental services, and office product sales.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Operating contract post offices--are classified in Industry 491110, Postal Service;
- Delivering letters and parcels (except under a universal service obligation)--are classified in Subsector 492, Couriers and Messengers;
- Providing voice mailbox services--are classified in U.S. Industry 561421, Telephone Answering Services;
- Providing direct mail advertising services--are classified in Industry 541860, Direct Mail Advertising;
- Providing only one of the support services (e.g., word processing services) that establishments in this industry provide--are classified in the appropriate industry according to the service provided; and
- Providing full service office space, whether on a lease or service contract basis--are classified in Industry 531120, Lessors of Nonresidential Buildings (except Miniwarehouses).
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Mailbox rental centers, private
- Mailbox rental services combined with one or more other office support services, private
- Parcel mailing services combined with one or more other office support services, private
- Parcel mailing services, private
- Private mail centers
- Private mailbox rental centers