2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in collecting payments for claims and remitting payments collected to their clients.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Repossessing tangible assets--are classified in U.S. Industry 561491, Repossession Services; and
- Providing financing to others by factoring accounts receivables (i.e., assuming the risk of collection and credit losses)--are classified in U.S. Industry 522298, All Other Nondepository Credit Intermediation.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Account collection services
- Bill collection services
- Collection agencies
- Collection agencies, accounts
- Debt collection services
- Delinquent account collection services
- Tax collection services on a contract or fee basis