2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing verbatim reporting and stenotype recording of live legal proceedings and transcribing subsequent recorded materials.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing stenotype recording of correspondence, reports, and other documents or in providing document transcription services--are classified in Industry 561410, Document Preparation Services; and
- Providing film or tape captioning or subtitling services--are classified in U.S. Industry 512191, Teleproduction and Other Postproduction Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Closed captioning services, real-time (i.e., simultaneous)
- Court reporting services
- Public stenography services
- Real-time (i.e., simultaneous) closed captioning of live television performances, meetings, conferences, and so forth
- Stenography services, public
- Stenotype recording services