2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in collecting and/or hauling hazardous waste within a local area and/or operating hazardous waste transfer stations. Hazardous waste collection establishments may be responsible for the identification, treatment, packaging, and labeling of waste for the purposes of transport.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Long-distance trucking of waste--are classified in Industry 484230, Specialized Freight (except Used Goods) Trucking, Long-Distance;
- Collecting and/or hauling in combination with disposal of hazardous waste materials--are classified in U.S. Industry 562211, Hazardous Waste Treatment and Disposal;
- Collecting and/or hauling nonhazardous solid waste (i.e., garbage) and/or recyclable materials within a local area and/or operating nonhazardous solid waste transfer stations--are classified in U.S. Industry 562111, Solid Waste Collection; and
- Collecting and removing debris, such as brush or rubble, within a local area--are classified in U.S. Industry 562119, Other Waste Collection.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Hazardous waste collection services
- Radioactive waste collecting and/or local hauling
- Waste collection services, hazardous
- Waste hauling, local, hazardous
- Waste transfer stations, hazardous