2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in offering instruction (except business, computer, management, technical, trade, fine arts, athletic, and language instruction). Also excluded from this industry are academic schools, colleges, and universities.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Offering elementary and secondary school instruction--are classified in Industry 61111, Elementary and Secondary Schools;
- Offering junior college instruction--are classified in Industry 61121, Junior Colleges;
- Offering college, university, and professional school instruction with academic degrees (e.g., baccalaureate, graduate)--are classified in Industry 61131, Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools;
- Offering business, computer (except computer repair), and management training--are classified in Industry Group 6114, Business Schools and Computer and Management Training;
- Offering technical and trade school instruction (e.g., computer repair and maintenance)--are classified in Industry 61151, Technical and Trade Schools;
- Offering fine arts instruction--are classified in Industry 61161, Fine Arts Schools;
- Offering sports and recreation instruction--are classified in Industry 61162, Sports and Recreation Instruction; and
- Offering language instruction--are classified in Industry 61163, Language Schools.