2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing skilled nursing services in the home, along with a range of the following: personal care services; homemaker and companion services; physical therapy; medical social services; medications; medical equipment and supplies; counseling; 24-hour home care; occupation and vocational therapy; dietary and nutritional services; speech therapy; audiology; and high-tech care, such as intravenous therapy.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- In-home health services provided by establishments of health practitioners and others primarily engaged in the independent practice of their profession are classified in Industry 62111, Offices of Physicians; Industry 621210, Offices of Dentists; Industry Group 6213, Offices of Other Health Practitioners; and U.S. Industry 621999, All Other Miscellaneous Ambulatory Health Care Services; and
- Establishments primarily engaged in renting or leasing products for home health care are classified in U.S. Industry 532291, Home Health Equipment Rental.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Home care of elderly, medical
- Home health agencies
- Home health care agencies
- Home nursing services (except private practices)
- Hospice care services, in home
- Nurse associations, visiting
- Nursing agencies, primarily providing home nursing services
- Visiting nurse associations