2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing inpatient nursing and rehabilitative services. The care is generally provided for an extended period of time to individuals requiring nursing care. These establishments have a permanent core staff of registered or licensed practical nurses who, along with other staff, provide nursing and continuous personal care services.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Assisted-living facilities with on-site nursing care facilities are classified in U.S. Industry 623311, Continuing Care Retirement Communities; and
- Psychiatric convalescent homes are classified in Industry 623220, Residential Mental Health and Substance Abuse Facilities.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Convalescent homes or convalescent hospitals (except psychiatric)
- Group homes for the disabled with nursing care
- Homes for the aged with nursing care
- Homes for the elderly with nursing care
- Hospices, inpatient care
- Nursing care facilities
- Nursing homes
- Rest homes with nursing care
- Retirement homes with nursing care
- Skilled nursing facilities