2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments (e.g., group homes, hospitals, intermediate care facilities) primarily engaged in providing residential care services for persons diagnosed with mental retardation. These facilities may provide some health care, though the focus is room, board, protective supervision, and counseling.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Establishments primarily engaged in providing inpatient treatment of mental health and substance abuse illnesses with an emphasis on counseling rather than medical treatment are classified in Industry 623220, Residential Mental Health and Substance Abuse Facilities;
- Establishments primarily engaged in providing treatment of mental health and substance abuse illnesses on an exclusively outpatient basis are classified in Industry 621420, Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Centers; and
- Establishments known and licensed as hospitals primarily engaged in providing inpatient treatment of mental health and substance abuse illnesses with an emphasis on medical treatment and monitoring are classified in Industry 622210, Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Hospitals.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Group homes, mental retardation
- Homes with or without health care, mental retardation
- Hospitals, mental retardation
- Intermediate care facilities, mental retardation
- Mental retardation intermediate care facilities
- Mental retardation facilities (e.g., homes, hospitals, intermediate care facilities), residential
- Mental retardation homes
- Mental retardation hospitals