2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing residential and personal care services (i.e., without on-site nursing care facilities) for (1) the elderly or other persons who are unable to fully care for themselves and/or (2) the elderly or other persons who do not desire to live independently. The care typically includes room, board, supervision, and assistance in daily living, such as housekeeping services.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Assisted-living facilities with on-site nursing care facilities are classified in U.S. Industry 623311, Continuing Care Retirement Communities;
- Homes for the elderly with nursing care or rest homes with nursing care are classified in Industry 623110, Nursing Care Facilities; and
- Apartment or condominium complexes where people live independently in rented or owned housing units are classified in Industry 53111, Lessors of Residential Buildings and Dwellings.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Assisted-living facilities without on-site nursing care facilities
- Homes for the aged without nursing care
- Homes for the elderly without nursing care
- Old age homes without nursing care
- Old soldiers' homes without nursing care
- Rest homes without nursing care
- Retirement homes without nursing care
- Senior citizens' homes without nursing care