2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing (1) short term emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, or child abuse and/or (2) temporary residential shelter for homeless individuals or families, runaway youth, and patients and families caught in medical crises. These establishments may operate their own shelters or may subsidize housing using existing homes, apartments, hotels, or motels.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in providing emergency shelter for victims of domestic or international disasters or conflicts are classified in Industry 624230, Emergency and Other Relief Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Battered women's shelters
- Emergency shelters (except for victims of domestic or international disasters or conflicts)
- Homeless shelters
- Runaway youth shelters
- Shelters (except for victims of domestic or international disasters or conflicts), emergency
- Shelters, battered women's
- Shelters, homeless
- Shelters, runaway youth
- Shelters, temporary (e.g., battered women's, homeless, runaway youth)
- Temporary housing for families of medical patients
- Temporary shelters (e.g., battered women's, homeless, runaway youth)
- Women's shelters, battered