2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing one or more of the following community housing services: (1) transitional housing to low-income individuals and families; (2) volunteer construction or repair of low-cost housing, in partnership with the homeowner who may assist in the construction or repair work; and (3) the repair of homes for elderly or disabled homeowners. These establishments may subsidize housing using existing homes, apartments, hotels, or motels or may require a low-cost mortgage or sweat equity. These establishments may also provide low-income families with furniture and household supplies.
Central offices of government housing programs are classified in Industry 925110, Administration of Housing Programs.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Energy assistance programs
- Home construction organizations, work (sweat) equity
- Housing assistance agencies
- Housing repair organizations, volunteer
- Transitional housing agencies
- Volunteer housing repair organizations
- Work (sweat) equity home construction organizations