2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises companies or groups (except theater companies, dance companies, musical groups, and artists) primarily engaged in producing live theatrical presentations.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Establishments, such as comedy clubs or nightclubs, primarily engaged in providing food and beverages for consumption on the premises and that also present live nontheatrical entertainment are classified in Subsector 722, Food Services and Drinking Places;
- Establishments primarily engaged in organizing, promoting, and/or managing ice skating shows, circuses, and other live performing arts presentations without producing their own shows are classified in Industry Group 7113, Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events;
- Theater companies and groups (except dance) or dinner theaters engaged in producing musicals; plays; operas; and comedy, improvisational, mime, and puppet shows are classified in Industry 711110, Theater Companies and Dinner Theaters;
- Dance companies or groups are classified in Industry 711120, Dance Companies;
- Freelance producers and performing artists (except musicians and vocalists) are classified in Industry 711510, Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers; and
- Musical groups and independent musicians and vocalists are classified in Industry 711130, Musical Groups and Artists.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Carnival traveling shows
- Circus companies
- Ice skating companies
- Ice skating shows
- Magic shows
- Traveling shows, carnival