2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments, commonly known as marinas, engaged in operating docking and/or storage facilities for pleasure craft owners, with or without one or more related activities, such as retailing fuel and marine supplies; and repairing, maintaining, or renting pleasure boats.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Renting pleasure boats--are classified in U.S. Industry 532292, Recreational Goods Rental;
- Repairing pleasure boats--are classified in Industry 811490, Other Personal and Household Goods Repair and Maintenance;
- Retailing marine supplies--are classified in U.S. Industry 441222, Boat Dealers; and
- Retailing fuel for boats--are classified in Industry 447190, Other Gasoline Stations.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Boating clubs with marinas
- Marine basins, operation of
- Sailing clubs with marinas
- Yacht basins
- Yacht clubs with marinas