2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing food services at institutional, governmental, commercial, or industrial locations of others based on contractual arrangements with these type of organizations for a specified period of time. The establishments of this industry provide food services for the convenience of the contracting organization or the contracting organization's customers. The contractual arrangement of these establishments with contracting organizations may vary from type of facility operated (e.g., cafeteria, restaurant, fast-food eating place), revenue sharing, cost structure, to providing personnel. Management staff is always provided by the food service contractors.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing food services on a single-event basis--are classified in Industry 722320, Caterers; and
- Supplying and servicing food vending machines--are classified in Industry 454210, Vending Machine Operators.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Airline food services contractors
- Cafeteria food services contractors (e.g., government office cafeterias, hospital cafeterias, school cafeterias)
- Food concession contractors (e.g., convention facilities, entertainment facilities, sporting facilities)
- Food service contractors, airline
- Food service contractors, cafeteria
- Food service contractors, concession operator (e.g., convention facilities, entertainment facilities, sporting facilities)
- Industrial caterers (i.e., providing food services on a contractural arrangement (except single-event basis))