2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing mechanical or electrical repair and maintenance services for automotive vehicles, such as passenger cars, trucks and vans, and all trailers. These establishments may specialize in a single service or may provide a wide range of these services.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing automotive vehicles and automotive parts and accessories and also providing automotive repair services--are classified in Subsector 441, Motor Vehicle and Parts Dealers;
- Retailing motor fuels and also providing automotive vehicle repair services--are classified in Industry Group 4471, Gasoline Stations;
- Changing motor oil and lubricating the chassis of automotive vehicles--are classified in Industry 81119, Other Automotive Repair and Maintenance;
- Providing automotive vehicle air-conditioning repair--are classified in Industry 81119, Other Automotive Repair and Maintenance; and
- Motorcycle repair and maintenance services--are classified in Industry 81149, Other Personal and Household Goods Repair and Maintenance.