2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing nonmedical services to assist clients in attaining or maintaining a desired weight. The sale of weight reduction products, such as food supplements, may be an integral component of the program. These services typically include individual or group counseling, menu and exercise planning, and weight and body measurement monitoring.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Operating physical fitness facilities--are classified in Industry 713940, Fitness and Recreational Sports Centers;
- Operating health resorts and spas that provide lodging--are classified in Industry 721110, Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels; and
- Providing medical or surgical weight reduction--are classified in Sector 62, Health Care and Social Assistance.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Diet centers, non-medical
- Diet workshops
- Weight loss centers, non-medical
- Weight reducing centers, non-medical