2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises (1) establishments known as grantmaking foundations or charitable trusts and (2) establishments primarily engaged in raising funds for a wide range of social welfare activities, such as health, educational, scientific, and cultural activities.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Providing trust management services for others--are classified in Industry 52392, Portfolio Management;
- Organizing and conducting fundraising campaigns on a contract or fee basis--are classified in Industry 56149, Other Business Support Services;
- Providing telemarketing services for others--are classified in Industry 56142, Telephone Call Centers;
- Raising funds for political purposes--are classified in Industry 81394, Political Organizations;
- Advocating social causes or issues--are classified in Industry 81331, Social Advocacy Organizations; and
- Conducting health research--are classified in Industry 54171, Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences.