2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments known as grantmaking foundations or charitable trusts. Establishments in this industry award grants from trust funds based on a competitive selection process or the preferences of the foundation managers and grantors; or fund a single entity, such as a museum or university.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in providing trust management services for others are classified in Industry 523920, Portfolio Management.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Charitable trusts, awarding grants
- Community foundations
- Corporate foundations, awarding grants
- Educational trusts, awarding grants
- Grantmaking foundations
- Philanthropic trusts, awarding grants
- Scholarship trusts (i.e., grantmaking, charitable trust foundations)
- Trusts, charitable, awarding grants
- Trusts, educational, awarding grants
- Trusts, religious, awarding grants