2007 NAICS Definition
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in promoting the preservation and protection of the environment and wildlife. Establishments in this industry address issues, such as clean air and water; global warming; conserving and developing natural resources, including land, plant, water, and energy resources; and protecting and preserving wildlife and endangered species. These organizations may solicit contributions and offer memberships to support these causes.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in providing legal services for environment, conservation, and wildlife organizations are classified in Industry Group 5411, Legal Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Animal rights organizations
- Animal welfare associations or leagues
- Conservation advocacy organizations
- Environmental advocacy organizations
- Humane societies
- Natural resource preservation organizations
- Wildlife preservation organizations