2007 NAICS Definition
This industry comprises government establishments primarily engaged in managing and operating correctional institutions. The facility is generally designed for the confinement, correction, and rehabilitation of adult and/or juvenile offenders sentenced by a court.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Government establishments primarily engaged in operating half-way houses for ex-criminal offenders and delinquent youths are classified in Industry 623990, Other Residential Care Facilities; and
- Establishments primarily engaged in managing or operating correctional facilities owned by others are classified in Industry 561210, Facilities Support Services.
Index entries that bring you to this industry:
- Correctional boot camps
- Correctional institutions
- Detention centers
- Honor camps, correctional
- Houses of correction
- Jails (except private operation of)
- Prison farms