U.S. Port Data
6-Digit HS Port Data is Available on USA Trade® Online!
For more detail on what is available through USA Trade Online, visit
Trade Online section of the product catologue.
You can request customized U.S. import and export trade reports for approximately
400 U.S. ports coast-to-coast,
240 trading partners,
and up to 3,000
commodities or product codes. These data let you know what
goods are being traded, where they enter or leave the country,
and how they are transported.
Here's just a sample of what you can order!
- Value and shipping weight of vessel cargo exported and imported through
the Port of New York.
- The top 10 countries importing through the port of New Orleans.
- Value of total imports from Japan through the port of Los Angeles.
- Air value of exports by type of commodity through the Miami International
- The top 100 commodities exported or imported through any port.
This data series provides information on value, method of transportation
(air and vessel), and the shipping weight of cargo at each port with each
of our 240 trading
partners. It covers some 3,000 five-digit Standard
International Trade Classification (SITC) or 6-digit Harmonized System
(HS) commodity or product codes. Information is available beginning with
1994 through the most recently released month, HS commodity detail is
available beginning with 2003 data. Port statistics can be obtained on
a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
How are port data useful?
- Port data are used by many state and regional economic development
agenices to expand port commerce.
- Port data reveals how a specific product or commodity is transported.
- Port data are used by the transportation industry in the design of
future facilities and equipment.
Fees for port statistics vary, depending on the complexity and
detail of the request.
To request a cost estimate for port data, call 301-763-2311
or e-mail the FTD
Data Dissemination Branch. To facilitate your request, have
the following information available:
- The type of data you are ordering
- Frequency of the data
- Port codes
- All ports
- Specific ports
- All the ports within a given District
- All SITC codes at the 1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, or 5-digit level
- Specific SITC codes
- All HS codes at the 2-, 4-, or 6-digit level
- Specific HS codes
- No commodity detail
- All countries
- Specific countries
- No country detail
to Contents Page
FTD Web News
What is required for me to ship charity goods to Haiti?
From GLOBAL REACH: "In order to facilitate the movements of these goods, we offer the following guidance that applies to any goods not requiring a license, such as food, clothing, and medicines." (January 22, 2010)
Foreign Trade has GLOBAL REACH
Foreign Trade has just created and published its official blog, "Global Reach." Visit it to discuss the Foreign Trade Regulations, Export Filing (AES), Trade Data, and other trade related topics. Posts are current and relevant to you as the filer, exporter, data user, or curious blog reader. (January 5, 2010)
FTZ: Guidelines for Submtting Statistical Data
(PDF) (1.8 MB)
Guidelines and best practices for fulfilling FTZ's statistical reporting requirements are now available.
NEW EXPORT TRAINING VIDEOS!!!
- Training videos on topics such as the Foreign Trade Regulations, AESDirect, NAFTA, Taxes/Tariffs, Commodities, etc. now available!
2009 Constant Dollar Data
- The Census Bureau identified a processing error that caused incorrect deflators to be applied to the revised data for 2009. The data have been corrected.
2009 DATA PRODUCT CHANGES
- U.S. Census Bureau will modify the structure of several data products to accommodate changing technology and user demand.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
- The export environment has dramatically changed. Come and understand what it takes to remain compliant, aware and out of trouble.
2003 AES Option 4 Moratorium
Option 4 Filing Review Process Suspended
AES Compliance Best Practices:
Best Practices for maintaining AES Compliance are now available.
Related Party Database Application:
Time series RELATED PARTY data for specific commodities and countries.
ORDER AND DOWNLOAD FOREIGN TRADE DATA PRODUCTS:
- Online Order Form
- FTD DropBox
- Merchandise Trade Downloads
NEW Schedule B Search Engine:
It's new. It's flexible. It has more options.
NEWEST TRADE DATA!
- Get the basics!
- Learn more!