About Foreign Trade |
Schedule B |
REGULATIONS: Trade Regulations | Seminars | Final rules | Reports | Federal Register Notices | Forms | FTSR Letters
§ 30.38 Exemption from the requirements for reporting complete commodity information.
The following type of shipments will require limited reporting of EEI when goods are shipped under a bill of lading or an air waybill. In such cases, Schedule B or HTSUSA commodity classification codes and domestic/foreign indicator shall not be required.
(a) Usual and reasonable kinds and quantities of wearing apparel, articles of personal adornment, toilet articles, medicinal supplies, food, souvenirs, games, and similar personal effects and their containers.
(b) Usual and reasonable kinds and quantities of furniture, household effects, household furnishings, and their containers.
(c) Usual and reasonable kinds and quantities of vehicles, such as passenger cars, station wagons, trucks, trailers, motorcycles, bicycles, tricycles, baby carriages, strollers, and their containers provided that the above-indicated baggage, personal effects, and vehicular property: (See U.S. Customs and Border Protection regulations 19 CFR 192 for separate CBP requirements for the exportation of used self-propelled vehicles.)
(1) Shall include only such articles as are owned by such person or members of his/her immediate family;
(2) Shall be in his/her possession at the time of or prior to his/ her departure from the United States for the foreign country;
(3) Are necessary and appropriate for the use of such person or his/her immediate family;
(4) Are intended for his/her use or the use of his/her immediate family; and
(5) Are not intended for sale.
Source: FTDWebMaster, Foreign
Trade Division, U.S. Census Bureau, Washington, D.C. 20233
Location: MAIN: REGULATIONS:TRADE REGULATIONS
Created: 17 June 2008
Last modified: 10 September 2015 at 01:17:21 PM