2011 Schedule B - Chapter 97
Works of Art, Collectors' Pieces and Antiques
Section XXI - Chapter 97
Works of Art, Collectors' Pieces and Antiques
1. This chapter does not cover:
(a). Unused postage or revenue stamps, postal stationery (stamped paper) or the like, of
(b). Theatrical scenery, studio backdrops and the like, of painted canvas (heading 5907)
except if they may be classified in heading 9706; or
(c). Pearls, natural or cultured, or precious or semiprecious stones (headings 7101 to
2. For the purposes of heading 9702, the expression "original engravings, prints and
lithographs" means impressions produced directly, in black and white or in color, of one or
of several plates wholly executed by hand by the artist, irrespective of the process or of the
material employed by him, but not including any mechanical or photomechanical process.
3. Heading 9703 does not apply to mass-produced reproductions or works of conventional
craftsmanship of a commercial character, even if these articles are designed or created by
4. (a). Subject to notes 1 through 3 above, articles of this chapter are to be classified in this
chapter and not in any other chapter of the nomenclature.
(b). Heading 9706 does not apply to articles of the preceding headings of this chapter.
5. Frames around paintings, drawings, pastels, collages or similar decorative plaques,
engravings, prints or lithographs are to be classified with those articles, provided they are o
a kind of a value normal to those articles. Frames which are not of a kind or of a value
normal to the articles referred to in this note are to be classified separately.
1. Heading 9703 covers not only original sculpture made by the sculptor, but also the first 12
castings, replicas or reproductions made from a sculptor's original work or model, by the
sculptor himself or by another artist, with or without a change in scale and whether or not
the sculptor is alive at the time the castings, replicas or reproductions are completed.
9701 Paintings, drawings and pastels, executed entirely by hand, other
than drawings of heading 4906 and other than hand-painted or
hand-decorated manufactured articles; collages and similar
decorative plaques; all the foregoing framed or not framed:
9701100000 Paintings, drawings and pastels . . . . . . . X
9701900000 Other . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X
9702000000 Original engravings, prints and lithographs framed or not
framed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X
9703000000 Original sculptures and statuary, in any material X
9704000000 Postage or revenue stamps, stamp-postmarks, first-day covers,
postal stationery (stamped paper), and the like, used or unused,
other than those of heading 4907 . . . . . . . X
9705 Collections and collectors' pieces of zoological, botanical,
mineralogical, anatomical, historical, archaeological,
palaeontological, ethnographic or numismatic interest:
Numismatic (collectors') coins:
9705000030 Gold . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Au g
9705000060 Other . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X
9705000090 Other . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X
9706000000 Antiques of an age exceeding one hundred years X
FTD Web News
What is required for me to ship charity goods to Haiti?
From GLOBAL REACH: "In order to facilitate the movements of these goods, we offer the following guidance that applies to any goods not requiring a license, such as food, clothing, and medicines." (January 22, 2010)
Foreign Trade has GLOBAL REACH
Foreign Trade has just created and published its official blog, "Global Reach." Visit it to discuss the Foreign Trade Regulations, Export Filing (AES), Trade Data, and other trade related topics. Posts are current and relevant to you as the filer, exporter, data user, or curious blog reader. (January 5, 2010)
FTZ: Guidelines for Submtting Statistical Data
(PDF) (1.8 MB)
Guidelines and best practices for fulfilling FTZ's statistical reporting requirements are now available.
NEW EXPORT TRAINING VIDEOS!!!
- Training videos on topics such as the Foreign Trade Regulations, AESDirect, NAFTA, Taxes/Tariffs, Commodities, etc. now available!
2009 Constant Dollar Data
- The Census Bureau identified a processing error that caused incorrect deflators to be applied to the revised data for 2009. The data have been corrected.
2009 DATA PRODUCT CHANGES
- U.S. Census Bureau will modify the structure of several data products to accommodate changing technology and user demand.
EXPORT COMPLIANCE SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
- The export environment has dramatically changed. Come and understand what it takes to remain compliant, aware and out of trouble.
2003 AES Option 4 Moratorium
Option 4 Filing Review Process Suspended
AES Compliance Best Practices:
Best Practices for maintaining AES Compliance are now available.
Related Party Database Application:
Time series RELATED PARTY data for specific commodities and countries.
ORDER AND DOWNLOAD FOREIGN TRADE DATA PRODUCTS:
- Online Order Form
- FTD DropBox
- Merchandise Trade Downloads
NEW Schedule B Search Engine:
It's new. It's flexible. It has more options.
NEWEST TRADE DATA!
- Get the basics!
- Learn more!