Revisions Made to On-Line Help Documents
These integrated Help files will be updated in response to comments from users. While, in many cases, Help as contained in the LandView® release versions will satisfy a user's needs, users are encouraged to check here, for revisions as documented below.
- October 08, 2004: Added instructions for retrieving the DP-3 Census 2000 Profile of Selected Economic Characteristics tables for county subdivisions in Puerto Rico.
- August 06, 2004: We updated the PDF version of the Help file to incorporate changes made to our on-line Help as documented below. To update the local version of LandView 6 help, download this file to your c:\lv6a folder that contains the LandView 6 software installation by right clicking on the link.
- July 29, 2004: A new URL.LV6 file has been posted on the Problems, Bugs and Fixes page. This file corrects the problem of the failure of the "Online Help from the Census web site" on the DVD, to connect directly to the "LandView 6 Help Table of Contents".
- May 24, 2004: An Excel file containing the corrected "Total population (excl. born at sea)" in the "REGION OF BIRTH OF FOREIGN BORN" portion of the LandView 6 - Census 2000 Profile of Selected Social Characteristics (DP-2) table, posted to the Problems, Bugs and Fixes page.
- April 30, 2004: Three Help files concerned with accessing LandView and MARPLOT data copied to a LAN or a local drive have been completely rewritten. These are The LandView 6 National DVD, Network Installation of LandView, and Alternate LandView Installations. Additionally, a new Help article has been added to Unique Solutions that provides additional background information -- Notes on LandView Installation Procedures [PDF]. In part, these changes were made to accommodate differences in The LandView 6 National DVD as conceived and as published.
- February 23, 2004: The Help Topic "The Shape File Import Utility " was updated. The first paragraph was replaced with wording indicating that the SHP2MIE utility can be downloaded from this Help topic.
February 3, 2004: A new section, Converting Latitude/Longitude data to Map Points was added to the Importing LandView Data/LandView User Files section of the Help.
- February 2, 2004: A new section, Creating and Organizing New MARPLOT Layers was added to the Unique Solutions section of the Help.
Back to Table of Contents