What do I do if LandView® does not Find the Street?
The example in this exercise takes place using information from Virgina. You can use the demo, custom CD-ROM or East DVD.
If the street name is not found in the MARPLOT® Census 2000 TIGER/Line® road layer, you will get the following screen.
If you know the street's relationship to neighboring streets in the ZIP Code Tabulation Area (ZCTA), you can map the ZCTA by the following procedure.
1. Return to the main LandView 5 menu by selecting the Home button from the Address Finder.
2. Select the Census 2000 Demographic Profiles button that provides the following screen:
3. Select the ZCTA tab on the left-hand side.
4. Select the "Setup a Find" button and enter the ZCTA "20109" into the ZIP Code Tabulation Area (ZCTA) box and then press Find (or Enter). See screen below.
5. When LandView presents the demographic profile for ZCTA "20109", select the "Show on Map" button. Next mark the box "Make all other objects on this layer invisible" and then select "Show on Map".
6. MARPLOT then displays the road features with only the ZCTA for 20109 shown.
You can then use the MARPLOT map tools to ZOOM in on the location of interest.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau
Created: January 29, 2003
Last revised: Tuesday, 23-Jul-2013 14:53:56 EDT