What's New in LandView® IV?
There are a number of new features and improvements in LandView IV. Below
are some of the highlights.
- 32-bit LandView software interface supporting both MAC and Windows
platforms. Identical look and feel on both platforms. Supports faster computer
- Internet interface that connects to sponsoring agency sites allowing the
user to retrieve the most recent data as well as Help information.
- Takes advantage of Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) technologies to provide
entire U.S. on a single disc thereby allowing cross state analysis throughout
- Up-to-date detailed map information for roads and related features based
upon TIGER/Line® 1998.
- Addition of Barrios and Barrios-Pueblos to Puerto Rico under the Minor
Civil Division (MCD) layer.
- An expanded U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) database containing over 1.6
million records from the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
- Improved thematic mapping offering several color schemes and automated
- Redesigned radius calculation based upon 7 million 1990 census blocks.
- MARPLOT® mapping program has several enhancements including WYSIWYG
printing of maps.
- MARPLOT also has a shape file translator utility
Shp2Mie that allows importing ESRI
Shape Files into the MARPLOT User map.