Boundary and Annexation Survey (BAS) Videos: Digital BAS Demonstration
In this video series, the Census Bureau demonstrates how to use ArcGIS to identify, make, and report digital BAS updates. You learn how to request and obtain update materials, the proper methods for reviewing and updating your boundaries and features within the Arc/GIS environment, and the proper methods for reporting and submitting your updates to the Census Bureau.
2. Requesting Materials
3. Preparing the Data
4. Creating the Change Polygon Shapefile (Symmetrical Difference)
5. Creating the Change Polygon Shapefile (Union)
6. Reporting Boundary Changes
7. Reporting Boundary Corrections
8. Reporting Linear Feature Updates
9. Submitting the Digital BAS Return
This symbol indicates a link to a non-government web site. Our linking to these sites does not constitute an endorsement of any products, services or the information found on them. Once you link to another site you are subject to the policies of the new site.