[PDF] or denotes a file in Adobe’s Portable Document Format. To view the file, you will need the Adobe® Reader® available free from Adobe.
- Atkinson, A.B. 1970. "On the Measurement of Inequality." Journal of Economic Theory 2: 244-63.
- Duncan, Otis D., and Beverly Duncan. 1955. "A Methodological Analysis of Segregation
Indices." American Sociological Review 20: 210-17.
- Frey, William H. and Reynolds Farley. 1996. "Latino, Asian, and Black Segregation in U.S.
Metropolitan Areas: Are Multiethnic Metros Different?" Demography 33:35-50.
- Glaeser, Edward L. and Jacob Vigdor. 2001. "Racial Segregation in the 2000 Census: Promising
News." Center on Urban and Metropolitan Policy, The Brookings Institution.
(PDF -- 606k)
- Grieco, Elizabeth, and Rachel C. Cassidy. 2001. Overview of Race and Hispanic Origin: 2000. Census 2000 Brief # C2KBR/01-1.
- Harrison, Roderick J. and Daniel H. Weinberg. 1992a. "Changes in Racial and Ethnic
Residential Segregation, 1980-1990." Paper prepared for the American Statistical
Association meetings, August.
- Harrison, Roderick J. and Daniel H. Weinberg. 1992b. "Racial and Ethnic Residential
Segregation in 1990." Paper prepared for the Population Association of America
- Hoover, Edgar M. 1941. "Interstate Redistribution of Population, 1850-1940." Journal of
Economic History 1: 199-205.
- James, David R., and Karl E. Taueber. 1985. "Measures of Segregation." Pp. 1-32 in
Sociological Methodology 1985, edited by Nancy Tuma. Jossey-Bass.
- Jones, Arthur F. Jr., and Daniel H. Weinberg. 2000. "The Changing Shape of the Nation's Income Distribution." U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Reports, Series P60-204, Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office.
- Lieberson, Stanley. 1980. A Piece of the Pie: Blacks and White Immigrants Since 1880.
University of California Press.
- Lieberson, Stanley. 1981. "An Asymmetrical Approach to Segregation." Pp. 61-82 in Ethnic
Segregation in Cities, edited by Ceri Peach, Vaughn Robinson, and Susan Smith. Croom-Helm.
- Lewis Mumford Center. 2001. "Ethnic Diversity Grows, Neighborhood Integration is at a
Standstill." Report by the Lewis Mumford Center, State University of New York-Albany,
December 18, 2001.
(PDF -- 1.3M)
- Massey, Douglas S., and Nancy A. Denton. 1988. "The Dimensions of Residential Segregation."
Social Forces 67:281-315.
- Ralph and Goldy Lewis Center. 2001. "Residential Segregation Series Census 2000 Fact Sheet
Residential Segregation in United States Metropolitan Areas." Report by The Ralph and
Goldy Lewis Center for Regional Policy Studies, The School of Public Policy & Social
Research, University of California, Los Angeles, April 27, 2001.
- Robinson, J. Gregory. 2001. "ESCAP II: Demographic Analysis Results." Executive Steering
Committee For A.C.E. Policy II, Report No. 1, October 13, 2001, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Taeuber, Karl E., and Alma F. Taeuber. 1965. Negroes in Cities: Residential Segregation and Neighborhood Change. Aldine.
- Theil, Henri. 1972. Statistical Decomposition Analysis. North Holland.
- Theil, Henri, and A.J. Finizza. 1971. "A Note on the Measurement of Racial Integration in
Schools." Journal of Mathematical Sociology 1: 187-93.
Go to "Racial and Ethnic Residential Segregation in the United States: 1980-2000" in HTML format
Contact the Census Call Center Staff at 1-800-923-8282 (toll free) or visit
ask.census.gov for further information on Housing Patterns Data.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Housing and Household Economic Statistics Division
Last Revised: October 31, 2011
This symbol indicates a link to a non-government web site. Our linking to these sites does not constitute an endorsement of any products, services or the information found on them. Once you link to another site you are subject to the policies of the new site.