Survey of Market Absorption of Apartments (SOMA)
NOTE TO DATA USERS: Beginning with completions in 2006, the metropolitan area data will change. Based on revisions to the definitions of metropolitan areas by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) - plus changes enacted to the Survey of Construction (SOC) and the Building Permit Survey - there will be a new set of areas covered by this survey, and the current areas will no longer be compiled. Even for those areas that appear to be the same in name, the geography in virtually all cases is different, due primarily to ever-expanding reaches of the nation's metropolitan areas. Presently, SOMA includes a combination of 95 total primary metropolitan statistical areas, metropolitan statistical areas and combined metropolitan statistical areas. Beginning with 2006 completions, absorption rates for unfurnished rental apartments in a total of 45 core based statistical areas will be compiled, 15 of which will be covered on a quarter-by-quarter basis. For further information, contact Alan Friedman on (301) 763-5664.
Core Based Statistical Area Absorption Rates - Second Quarter 2008
(Completions in First Quarter 2008)
[Excel] or the letters [xls] indicate a document is in the Microsoft® Excel® Spreadsheet Format (XLS). To view the file, you will need the Microsoft® Excel® Viewer available for free from Microsoft®.
- Table 08Q1. 45 Metropolitan Areas [Excel 34k]
- Table 1. Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA [Excel 23k]
- Table 2. Baltimore-Towson, MD [Excel 23k]
- Table 3. Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord, NC-SC [Excel 22k]
- Table 4. Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX [Excel 22k]
- Table 5. Denver-Aurora, CO [Excel 22k]
- Table 6. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX [Excel 22k]
- Table 7. Indianapolis-Carmel, IN [Excel 22k]
- Table 8. Las Vegas-Paradise, NV [Excel 22k]
- Table 9. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA [Excel 22k]
- Table 10. New York-Northern New Jersy-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA [Excel 22k]
- Table 11. Orlando-Kissimmee, FL [Excel 22k]
- Table 12. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ [Excel 22k]
- Table 13. Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA [Excel 22k]
- Table 14. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA [Excel 23k]
- Table 15. San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA [Excel 25k]
Contact George Boyd at 301-763-3199 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information on the Survey of Market Absorption of Apartments Data.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Social, Economic, and Housing Statistics Division