Survey of Market Absorption of Apartments (SOMA)
NOTE TO DATA USERS: Beginning with completions in 2006, the metropolitan area data will change. Based on revisions to the definitions of metropolitan areas by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) - plus changes enacted to the Survey of Construction (SOC) and the Building Permit Survey - there will be a new set of areas covered by this survey, and the current areas will no longer be compiled. Even for those areas that appear to be the same in name, the geography in virtually all cases is different, due primarily to ever-expanding reaches of the nation's metropolitan areas. Presently, SOMA includes a combination of 95 total primary metropolitan statistical areas, metropolitan statistical areas and combined metropolitan statistical areas. Beginning with 2006 completions, absorption rates for unfurnished rental apartments in a total of 45 core based statistical areas will be compiled, 15 of which will be covered on a quarter-by-quarter basis. For further information, contact Alan Friedman on (301) 763-5664.
Core Based Statistical Area Absorption Rates - Third Quarter 2009
(Completions in Second Quarter 2009)
[Excel] or the letters [xls] indicate a document is in the Microsoft® Excel® Spreadsheet Format (XLS). To view the file, you will need the Microsoft® Excel® Viewer available for free from Microsoft®.
- Table 09Q3. 45 Metropolitan Areas [XLS – 36k]
- Table 1. Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA [XLS – 23k]
- Table 2. Baltimore-Towson, MD [XLS – 25k]
- Table 3. Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord, NC-SC [XLS – 23k]
- Table 4. Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX [XLS – 23k]
- Table 5. Denver-Aurora, CO [XLS – 23k]
- Table 6. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX [XLS – 22k]
- Table 7. Indianapolis-Carmel, IN [XLS – 23k]
- Table 8. Las Vegas-Paradise, NV [XLS – 23k]
- Table 9. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA [XLS – 23k]
- Table 10. New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA [XLS – 23k]
- Table 11. Orlando-Kissimmee, FL [XLS – 23k]
- Table 12. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ [XLS – 23k]
- Table 13. Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA [XLS – 23k]
- Table 14. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA [XLS – 24k]
- Table 15. San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA [XLS – 26k]
Contact George Boyd at 301-763-3199 or mail to email@example.com
for further information on the Survey of Market Absorption of Apartments Data.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Social, Economic, and Housing Statistics Division