Survey of Market Absorption of Apartments (SOMA)
NOTE TO DATA USERS: Beginning with completions in 2006 the metropolitan area data changed. Based on revisions to the definitions of metropolitan areas by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) - plus changes implemented to the Survey of Construction (SOC) and the Building Permit Survey - there is a new set of areas covered by this survey, and the previous areas are no longer compiled. Even for those areas that appear to be the same in name, the geography in nearly all cases is now different, due primarily to ever-expanding reaches of the nation's metropolitan areas. Prior to 2006, SOMA included a combination of 95 total primary metropolitan statistical areas, metropolitan statistical areas and combined metropolitan statistical areas. Beginning with 2006 completions, the absorption rates for unfurnished rental apartments in a total of 45 core based statistical areas are compiled, 15 of which are covered on a quarter-by-quarter basis. For further information, contact George Boyd on (301) 763-3199.
Core Based Statistical Area Absorption Rates - Third Quarter 2011
(Completions in Second Quarter 2011)
[Excel] or the letters [xls] indicate a document is in the Microsoft® Excel® Spreadsheet Format (XLS). To view the file, you will need the Microsoft® Excel® Viewer available for free from Microsoft®.
- Table 11Q3. 45 Metropolitan Areas [XLS – 31k]
- Table 1. Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA [XLS – 31k]
- Table 2. Baltimore-Towson, MD [XLS – 31k]
- Table 3. Charlotte-Gastonia-Concord, NC-SC [XLS – 31k]
- Table 4. Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX [XLS – 31k]
- Table 5. Denver-Aurora, CO [XLS – 31k]
- Table 6. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX [XLS – 31k]
- Table 7. Indianapolis-Carmel, IN [XLS – 32k]
- Table 8. Las Vegas-Paradise, NV [XLS – 31k]
- Table 9. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA [XLS – 32k]
- Table 10. New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA [XLS – 32k]
- Table 11. Orlando-Kissimmee, FL [XLS – 32k]
- Table 12. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ [XLS – 31k]
- Table 13. Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA [XLS – 31k]
- Table 14. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA [XLS – 32k]
- Table 15. San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA [XLS – 32k]
Contact George Boyd at 301-763-3199 or mail to email@example.com
for further information on the Survey of Market Absorption of Apartments Data.
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Social, Economic, and Housing Statistics Division