Interactive Internet Data Tools
- Data Visualization Gallery - A weekly exploration of Census data used to promote visualization and make data accessible to a broader audience.
- 2010 Census Interactive Population Map - Use this tool to explore 2010 Census statistics down to the block level, compare your community with others, and embed charts on your web site.
- The American FactFinder - This
interactive application provides statistics from the Economic Census, the American Community Survey,
and the 2010 Census, among others.
- QuickFacts - State and County
QuickFacts provides frequently requested Census Bureau information at the
national, state, county, and city level.
- Easy Stats - quick and easy access to selected statistics collected by the U.S.
Census Bureau through the American Community Survey.
- County Business & Demographics Map - use this interactive map to
explore Census data through a mashup of population and economic data.
- Economic Database Search and Trend Charts - Easy access to Economic Statistics using drop-down menus. Create tables in ASCII text and spreadsheet format. Display customizable dynamic charts.
- Censtats - Applications available
include: Census Tract Street Locator, County Business Patterns, Zip Business
Patterns, International Trade Data, and more.
Mapping Tools - using TIGER and the American FactFinder
- US Gazetteer - Place name, and
ZIP code search engine.
- Business Dynamics Statistics - This tool shows tabulations on establishments, firms, and employment with unique information on firm age and firm size.
- DataFerrett is a tool and data
librarian that searches and retrieves data across federal, state, and local
surveys, executes customized variable recoding, creates complex tabulations and
business graphics. Current Population Survey, Survey of Income and Program
Participation, American Community Survey, American Housing Survey, Small Area
Income Poverty Estimates, Population Estimates, Economic Census Areawide
Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics data, Centers for Disease
Control data, and more.
DataFerrett’s newest tool, the Community Economic Development HotReport
provides community and business leaders speedy access to information on counties and the
Employment & Training Administration’s Workforce Innovation in Regional Economic
Development (WIRED) areas across the U.S.
- The Local Employment Dynamics
partnership offers a variety of
data tools including the following:
- QWI Online: Select and find
out about NAICS-based or SIC-based Quarterly Workforce Indicators by state, geographic
grouping, industry, year and quarter, sex, age group, and ownership.
- OnTheMap: This tool shows where workers are employed and where they live through an interactive and geographically flexible mapping interface. The maps, charts, and reports also provide detailed worker characteristics such as age, earnings, NAICS industry sector, as well as information on race, ethnicity, and educational attainment.
- Industry Focus: This tool lets you
determine the top industries for your local area and your local workers, focus on a
particular industry to see how it ranks among top industries, and also look at the
characteristics of those who work in that industry.
- Census 2000 EEO Data Tool - Using the web-based tool, you can select tabulations for various levels of geography based on residence or workplace. The data estimates available present information for various occupation groupings by race and ethnicity and sex.
Research Data Centers
- Secure Census Bureau Research Data Centers across the country offer qualified researchers with approved projects the opportunity to perform statistical analysis on selected internal microdata from the Census Bureau and other statistical agencies.
Software to Download
- Extract Software - General purpose data
display and extraction tool that works with Census Bureau CD-ROMs recorded in
dBASE format - (for: IBM-PC's and compatibles with CD-ROM player)
- VPLX Software - Variance Estimation for
Complex Samples (for IBM-PC's and compatibles and UNIX [Sun/Solaris])
- CSPro (Census and Survey Processing
System) is a public-domain software package for entering, tabulating and mapping
census and survey data.
- IMPS software - The Integrated Microcomputer
Processing System (IMPS) software performs the major tasks of census and survey
Direct File Access
Access Tools at Other Sites
This symbol indicates a link to a non-government web site. Our linking to these sites does not constitute an endorsement of any products, services or the information found on them. Once you link to another site you are subject to the policies of the new site.